Mooshack

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Since I'm home anyway...

As I sit here at home again recovering from Strep throat, I decided to do a little site update. OK, I lie, I'm going to do a BIG one, b/c hey, I've been home for two days, OK?

First off, GO HERE NOW: http://earth.google.com/

This is the single greatest thing Google has invented up to this point and considering all the things they've done up to this point, this is not a small claim. You can see my home and my work with eerie clarity. Baltimore is damn accurate. This is just one of the greatest things ever, ever. Check out the Great Pyrimids. Those things are f'ing HUGE. Add in the volcano feature and go by Hawaii. Awesome. Add the crime thing and look in your neighborhood. Creepy. I hope they can do a registered sex offender option soon.

OK, next up are two movie reviews for Land of the Dead. Check them out, unless you're scared.
And finally an email from an old high school friend who finally check out my site:

Hey Mohammad,
I'm doing great man. Just celebrated 5 years with my wife. Just finished my first year of grad school (2 more to go). I'm in Seminary at a school just north of Chicago. And that's actually what kept me from getting down to the 'boro for the reunion. I thought we were going to be able to squeeze it in - but for me to graduate when I need to I need to take a couple summer classes each year - and there was just no way I could get away from these classes this year. Believe me - I HATED to miss it. Especially after seeing your pictures.

Yeah - Director of Worship - I work at a church out here in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. It's one of these contemporary churches with the rock and roll worship. I play guitar (or bass or piano or drums) and lead the band, work up the music, and plan the services with the pastors. I'm also in charge of the sound equipment and audio/video aspects of the services. I also do a fair amount of preaching. Before moving up here to Chicago last August we lived in Champaign-Urbana, IL (where the University of Illinois is located) for 5 years where I was the Pastor of Students (6th grade thru College) at a medium sized church and my wife (Melanie) did her Master's degree in Opera Performance.

And to answer your question - we will DEFINITELY be at the next reunion - whether it's 15 or 20 or whatever.

Ok dude - I'll talk to you soon.
Jason Carter


Well Jason, it was good hearing from you and knowing you are doing well. This is Jason's wife Melanie in the picture with him. If you wish to contact Jason, feel free to email me and I'll forward his information to you.

That is it for now, make sure you go to that link I gave you and down load the program right now, it's the bee's knees dude.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home