Mooshack

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My High School Reunion

Hey gang. As you can see, I decided to go back to the old format of my web page (if you are reading this on my blog, ignore). I met this girl over the weekend that said something like, people would rather get kicked in the nads than make a change, even if the change is better. At least I think she said something like that. What I mean to say is, I'm going back to the way I'm use to doing things because I hate change.

The important thing to remember here is that I have survived my 10 year high school reunion. Yes folks, it was 10 years ago in Greensboro, North Carolina at Grimsley Senior High School where this hellion was released upon the world. Man, time sure does fly. How was the reunion? Well, I think I'll let the pictures do the talking.

I will say this. I almost didn't go. I mean, I almost went to Philly for a comic book convention instead. Sure, sure this was the biggest comic book convention on the East Coast, but I had been to it before. I thought to myself, how many chances do I get to go to a 10 year reunion? The answer came back to me in a flash; only once every 10 years Mo. Well, I didn't have to break out my TI-83 to figure out that one in ten is less than one in one.
I said, "screw the comic books and the scantily clad chicks man, instead I'm going to see year books and scantily clad chicks!"

And off I went. Moral of the story, go to your ten year. Even if you hate everyone from your school, at least you can make fun of them. Even if you can't, you can at least let them make fun of you and then take the high ground and tell them to grow up, they're almost 30 for chrissake!
Anyway, I went, I saw, I drank. I reconnected with some old friends. I made some new friends. I found out that not that many people actually show up for their 10 year high school reunions, but the god damn Whirlies do!

I also wonder if I'll ever see some of these people again. Some I most assuredly will not, cause they will be dead, others, probably not because they may avoid me at the next reunion. Still, some others, I may be seeing a lot of, since hell some of them live, like down the road from me. In the end, for me the biggest pleasure came from that fact that I went and it rocked, pure and simple.

Until next update!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home