Mooshack

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Hey Hon!

This year my room mate Jolene told my about Baltimore's own HonFest 2005. According to the website, HonFest is:

"...is a unique celebration that pays homage to the neighborhoods, the language and the people of Baltimore. The highlight of the day is the crowning of “Baltimore’s Best Hon.” What is a “Hon”? The term “Hon” is actually a friendly Baltimore greeting and comes from the word “honey.” However, the women who vie to become Baltimore’s Best Hon are a vision of the sixties-era women with beehive hairdos, blue-eye-shadow, spandex pants and something, anything leopard print!

This nationally recognized festival covers four city blocks on 36th Street in the neighborhood of Hampden. Hampden is a revered old-style Baltimore neighborhood, filled with quirky shops, quaint restaurants and endearing residents.

The Baltimore's Best Hon Contest began in 1994 and quickly grew into its own festival, aptly named HonFest. ...local sponsors have all combined their efforts to create this spectacular one day celebration known as HonFest."

Go to the website to read more. Needless to say, after living in the area for a little over four years, I felt the need to actually go to the HonFest. I told Jolene, yes and off we went. The festival was a blast and I got to see some really hot hons! I love the way these hons dress and talk and could easily see myself settling down with one of them. Now to find the right one...
As usual, my tiny Sony was with me and I snapped a bunch of random, bad angled shots for your amusement. Now, I must say, the most fun I have on my site is writing my picture captions. I usually will spend a good hour or two and come up with some of the funniest lines my limited comic skills will allow. I'd like to say, I did do this for the HonFest photo set. The problem is, as I was getting ready to save them, I accidentally erased the entire series. Damn you computer!!!!!! As it was, I really didn't have it in me to re-write 65 captions, so I didn't. What you have now, is about 10 of them, not so funny, but not so bad. Hey, what do you want from me? I don't get paid for this you know!

2 Comments:

  • Turlits! I love it! I went to Honfest last year, pretty funny. This year it was too hot. Waaay too hot. But I'm glad I got to be there vicariously through you!

    You know what the worst is? knowing some good dirt and not being able to tell anyone!! damn you!

    p.s. I forgot that I read your blog about the wallet the other day. See, I have been reading it! I didnt comment because i wasnt sure if you were checking this blog anymore

    By Blogger Evil Genius, at 12:43 AM  

  • Thanks for reading my blog, I shall now up date my blog with a link to yours!

    By Blogger Mohammad, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home