Mooshack

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

New York City! (said the way the guys on the Pace commercials would)

I just got back from a four day trip to New York City where I had a blast. I met a new friend (Andrea) a couple of weeks ago at my High School Reunion and I got the invite to come visit her in NYC. I, having just secured a promotion at work, and needing a diversion in my boring life, jumped at the chance to head out and enjoy myself.

While there I had the pleasure of eating some of the most delicious food I've had in quite awhile. I had Peruvian food for the first time. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed it. They choose to cook some of their dishes using citric acid, which, while sounding strange, gives the food an ungodly strong and new flavor that I loved. I highly recommend it!

I also saw another Broadway play while there. David Mamet's Glengarry Glenn Ross. This is a movie that I was turned onto by my friend Eric, and it has one of the best, best performances by Alec Baldwin ever. Since the play was only playing until August 28th and since it has won the best play revival for 2005 I had to see it. If I didn't, I would have seen Spamalot.

After seeing it, I must say I was very, very happy. We sat 3rd or 4th row, very, very close to Liev Schreiber's piercing eyes and strong jaw. He even looked directly at me and Andrea during the performance. I tell you friends, I like this guy. If I were gay, he'd be my crush for sure, hell he is my crush. I always thought this man had a big career ahead of him, and his performance did everything to cement this belief for me. The rest of the cast was 100% fantastic too, as well as being all stars. Check out the official link and tell me what you think. If you get a chance, I highly, highly recommend seeing this before it's gone forever. If you can't make it up to NYC, check out the movie, it's great too. The only thing that bothered me was that Alec Baldwin's character wasn't in the play. If anyone but Mamet had made this change, or if the play cast hadn't been stellar I would have been screaming bloody murder, but since this wasn't the case either way, I'm OK.

Well, enough gushing about Liev Schreiber (you really can't blame me man!) and onward to some movie reviews. While in Gotham City (NYC is Gotham, of course, then again Metropolis is also NYC, so when they do those Batman/Superman team-ups, I have no idea which city they are in) I was the new Batman Begins. The short? See it. When I got back into town, Chris wanted to see a movie, so we saw The Longest Yard as it was the only thing I hadn't seen. I must say, I'm sorry Chris, I should have just watch Batman again. Be sure and check out the reviews of both films.

4 Comments:

  • Cant wait to see batman begins.

    Leiv Shreiber? He is so weasly looking!

    want to go see the junkyard saints tonight, playing for free at the lake in columbia, around 7:00ish?

    By Blogger Evil Genius, at 8:47 AM  

  • Is that a movie? Who's going already? M

    By Blogger Mohammad, at 9:06 AM  

  • It must be such a burden having SUCH A LARGE PENIS. ;P

    By Blogger Evil Genius, at 8:06 AM  

  • Huh? What?

    By Blogger Mohammad, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home